With the year 2020 quickly approaching, many people feel as though this year flew by! Thankfully, with the progression of the year also comes the progression of hearing aid technology. Since there has been so much going on in the hearing aid world, we think it’s a wonderful idea to talk about the best hearing aids of 2019 thus far. Here are some of our favorites:
The ReSound LiNX Quattro tops our best hearing aids of 2019 list due to a few important reasons:
- Rechargeability – The Quattro’s are charged with ease in their portable, durable, and user-friendly charging case. This charger can also hold up to 3 full charges, and with up to 30 hours on a single charge, you can guarantee your hearing aids will keep up with you all day long!
- Remote Programming – With ReSound Assist, your clinician is able to complete minor adjustments you need wherever you are. This gives you the freedom to spend the day as you please, knowing that your clinician is only a few buttons away.
- ReSound Smart App – This smartphone application for your ReSound hearing aids gives wearers the most control over their program settings and listening experience. Everything you need is available right from the start screen. You can make adjustments to your program and volume, and even have access to Sound Enhancer at the tips of your fingers!
Rexton has produced another home run product with their Stellar Li line in their newest platform. These are some of the reasons that we like it:
- My Voice – My Voice was specifically designed to help with the occlusion effect most new hearing aid wearers encounter. The occlusion effect can make new wearers hesitant due to their own voice sounding muffled, deepened, or out of tune with what they’re used to. My Voice technology provides wearers with their natural-sounding voice.
- Streaming Quality – With Stellar Li direct streaming capabilities, you’re able to stream clear, crisp sounding audio directly to your hearing aids!
- Multifunctional Charging Station – The Stellar Li charging station is simple, easy to use, and can provide a full charge in only 4 hours! Not only can it give wearers a quick charge, but it also has a dehumidifier built-in. This helps wick away any moisture trapped inside the hearing aid.
3. Unitron Discover Jump R
The Unitron Discover Jump R is the newest of our favorite hearing aids and comes packed with features that our patients love!
- Connectivity – The Discover Jump R has the ability to connect to any Bluetooth enabled device. This means you can directly stream audio from your iPad, tablet, or smartphone.
- Flex Upgrade – This upgrade allows wearers to upgrade to better technology at any point in time and all you have to pay is the difference in price! You can now have the freedom to upgrade whenever you please without having to purchase a new set of hearing aids.
- Hands-free Listening – Unitron Discover Jump R provides true hands-free phone calls using built-in microphones that relay your voice back to your phone! This means that you can have a phone conversation without having to be directly near your phone. You can also accept, decline, and hang up calls with the click of a button on your hearing aid.
As 2019 continues on, it is very possible that new developments will arise within the hearing aid industry. Currently, the above hearing aids have given our patients the most success. Remember, hearing loss treatment is not universal, therefore each patient must have a treatment plan tailored to their specific needs. It is important to speak to your local audiologist about which hearing aid would be the most beneficial for your hearing loss.
If you or a loved one would like more information on the hearing aids listed above, we encourage you to schedule your free hearing test today!
Lori Cook is a Hearing Aid Specialist with over seventeen years’ experience in the hearing healthcare industry. With a bachelor of arts in psychology and a master of science in social work from the University of Texas systems, Lori has a deep sense of concern both for her patients and her community.